Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Prophetic Dreaming

I like to track my dreams. I do it for the excitement of finding connections between my dream and waking lives. Recently I tried an herbal remedy that enhances dreams. I can't say for certain if it is the cause, but shortly after taking the remedy, I had my first set of prophetic dreams. They occured just before leaving on a trip to Puerto Rico.

In my first dream, my wife and I were on a train leaving New York City. The train was like a roller coaster going up and down on tracks over water. The train ride ended and we had to quickly jump onto a boat to continue our journey. My wife was panicked because she felt might leave her luggage on the train.

The hotel we stayed at, unbeknownst to me, sat on top of a cliff. We needed to take a tram to the bottom. From there, a ferry takes hotel guests to a private beach. The ferry runs every half an hour and the first day, after making our way to the boat in the nick of time, by wife realized she left her bag in our hotel room. Kinda similar.


In another dream, I just unpacked in a hotel room when someone else walked in and said this was their room. I had mistakenly gone to the right room number, but the wrong floor. In my dream I was on the fourth floor, my room was on the third.

Twice while in Puerto Rico I went to the wrong floor while trying to find my room. Both times I went to the third floor, when our room was on the fourth. Kinda similar, but not concrete. The next is a good one, though.

For two consecutive nights, I dreamt I was completely dressed from the waist up and naked from the waist down. The first dream took place on an elevator. In the second dream I was looking in a mirror as I was tying a tie. I was wearing a light blue dress shirt and a light blue tie. I was also talking to a college friend, Marla Mathews.

Following is a sculpture found at the pool of the hotel we stayed:








When looking head on, the position of the hands and the flute resemble one tying a tie. The material is a pantena copper – greenish blue. The bird that sits on the boy’s shoulder was indigenous to the area. When in flight, the bird’s body looks unmistakably like the letter “M.”

No comments:

Post a Comment